Bollé Safety is one of Australia’s leading manufacturers of high-quality safety eyewear. Their comfortable and stylish safety glasses and goggles can be seen across construction, manufacturing, mining and healthcare industries worldwide. They develop each model of eyewear with the end-user in mind and provide features that ensure maximum fit for the environments in which they are being worn. Bollé Safety’s Tactical range, known as Bollé Safety Standard Issue, or BSSI is no different. It was developed for the specific needs of law enforcement, first responders, firemen, military and shooting enthusiasts.
The company’s history of producing tactical eyewear goes back over a century. They were also the first manufacturer to use moulded nylon in their protective glasses. This made them more resilient and flexible than other products in the market and were preferred by the military. Today, more than 20 million customers in over 100 countries wear Bollé Safety eye protection.
What makes BSSI a good choice?
- They are compliant with every international standard in the world. The entire BSSI tactical range is certified to AS/NZS 1337.1:2010 for medium impact resistance, which means it resists a 6mm, 0.86g ball travelling at 45m/s. They are also certified to EN 166:2001 and ANSI Z87.
- Specific models are certified as ballistic. According to the STANAG 2920 standard as recognised by all NATO, and as per the MIL-PRF-32432A American standard.
- All models are available with Bollé Safety’s platinum anti-fog, anti-scratch coating. For greater comfort, visibility and longevity of wear. Bollé Safety’s Platinum coating is superior to the industry standard. Each model has a double coating on both sides of the lens rather than a single coating on just one side.
- They come in a range of lens tints. Every model of glasses in the tactical safety glasses range comes in a smoke lens for brighter conditions. Most models also come with the option of CSP, which offers greater contract and easier transition between light intensities. Some models also have the option for a clear lens, suitable for indoor use, or polarised lens. Polarised lenses are useful in environments where there is a high level of glare from horizontal surfaces like water, glass, and concrete.
- They offer superior comfort. Each model has features to enhance wearer comfort, such as non-slip nose bridges, tip grip, flex 160° or flexible temples. There is also a model designed specifically to fit smaller faces.
- Stylish design. The BSSI range of tactical safety glasses is sleek and sophisticated. Many models have an ultra wrap-around fit and sporty design to give wearers full confidence and maximise protection.
Which Models are available in Australia?
First Responder Safety Glasses
Bollé Safety’s top seller for first responders, Silium has a unique design. Its ultra-flexible, flat temples are designed to be comfortable when worn under helmets. Available in smoke or CSP lens, both with Bollé Safety’s anti-fog, anti-scratch coating.
Silex+has no metal parts so it can be recycled, which makes it perfect for the environmentally conscious. Its ultra-wraparound frame gives the wearer a panoramic field of vision. Bi-material, flex 160° temples allow for maximum comfort and superior fit. Available with a clear lens as well as smoke or CSP lens, all with Bollé Safety’s anti-fog, anti-scratch coating.
Tryon has a sporty design with its half-frame and wraparound lens. It comes with a soft-touch finish for a sophisticated look. Bi-material, flex 160° temples increase comfort by reducing pressure points and allowing the glasses to adapt to different head shapes.
Certified Ballistic Safety Glasses
One of Bollé Safety’s best selling tactical models, Contour is ultra-lightweight at just 21g for maximum comfort. This is further enhanced by non-slip nose bridge and tipgrip temples. Available in smoke or CSP lens, both with Bollé Safety’s anti-fog, anti-scratch coating. Certified ballistic MIL-PRF-32432A
Rush+ and Rush +small
Rush+ has wide, ultra-flexible temples and a sporty design, giving maximum peripheral protection and comfort. It is also available in small fit for narrower faces. Available with a clear lens as well as smoke or CSP lens, all with Bollé Safety’s anti-fog, anti-scratch coating. Certified ballistic MIL-PRF-32432A.
Combat has an ultra wraparound fit and extended peripheral protection for maximum safety. The adjustable bridge helps it to fit different face shapes and the flexible, non-slip temples keep them in place. Available in clear, smoke or CSP lens, all with platinum coating as standard. It also has a kit with all 3 lens tints, a carry case and an adjustable strap for an even more secure fit. Certified ballistic MIL-PRF-31013.
Available in smoke lens only, but with platinum coating as standard, SWAT has a highly flexible and comfortable nylon full frame. A non-slip bridge keeps them in place and increases comfort and the Ballistic polycarbonate lens provides maximum protection.
Tactical Safety Goggles
Built to withstand high temperatures up to 200℃, Backdraft is a popular choice for the firefighting industry. It has a compact but high strength elastomer frame that makes it an extra-tough, durable model. The double-sided polycarbonate lens ensures maximum vision protection. Available in clear only with platinum anti-fog, anti-scratch coating to increase visibility and safety in extreme conditions.
For more information about the right tactical safety glasses or goggles for your needs, speak to a Bollé Safety Consultant